Observe traffic in all 4 directions (left, right, front, rear) • Slow down if any potential hazards are detected and cover the brake pedal with the drivers foot. Change the siren cadence not less than 200′ from intersection • Avoid using the opposing lane of traffic if at all possible.
Which direction should you pull off to when seeing an emergency vehicle?
A: When an emergency vehicle, such as an ambulance, fire truck, or police car, displaying flashing red lights and sounding a siren approaches your vehicle on a two-way road, you must pull to the right and stop.
When an emergency vehicle approaches from any direction you must?
If an emergency vehicle is approaching from the opposite direction, you should pull over and stop. You have no idea if they are proceeding down the road, or are planning on turning into a driveway or intersection right in front of you.
When an emergency vehicle approaches from any direction with sirens or lights on what should you do?
Yield to Emergency Vehicles
It is against the law to follow within 300 feet behind any fire engine, police vehicle, ambulance, or other emergency vehicle with a siren or flashing lights (CVC §21706). If you drive for sight-seeing purposes to the scene of a fire, collision, or other disaster, you may be arrested.
What is a huge way to reduce the risk of a vehicle emergency?
Some tips to drive more safely and reduce rollover:
- Slow down: Pay attention to speed limit signs, and keep the vehicle at or below speed, especially during inclement weather. …
- Buckle up: Always use your seatbelt.
Can emergency vehicles go the wrong way?
Emergency vehicles, such as ambulances, fire brigade or police vehicles, always have the right of way in traffic. If there is an emergency vehicle behind you, you must get out of the way.
What is the rule to avoid tailgating?
Most rear-end collisions are caused by tailgating. To avoid tailgating, use the “Three-Second Rule.” When the vehicle ahead of you passes a certain point, such as a sign, count “one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two, one-thousand-three.” If you pass the same point before you finish counting, you are following too closely.
When starting through an intersection and you see an ambulance behind you you must?
If you are in an intersection when you see an emergency vehicle approaching while using its flashing lights and/or siren, continue through the intersection and then drive to the right and stop.
What is a reliable way to know when another vehicle is passing you?
Remember to look over your right shoulder to check your blind spot, and be sure to signal. If another vehicle begins to pass you, stay in your lane and do not increase your speed. If many vehicles are passing you in the right lane of a multi- lane roadway, you are probably going slower than the rest of the traffic.
How do you pull over for an emergency vehicle?
When an emergency vehicle is approaching:
- Pull over to the edge of the roadway, clear of intersections, and stop.
- Remain there until the emergency vehicle has passed. …
- Keep a foot on the brake so the brake lights let emergency vehicle drivers know you have stopped.
What colors do you see on emergency vehicles?
The most common colors used on emergency vehicles are red, blue, amber or yellow, white, green, and purple. Each color is subject to specific regulations that serve to communicate the purpose and context of the vehicle’s activity to others.
How can we avoid road accidents?
IMPORTANT WAYS TO AVOID ACCIDENTS
- Drive in the prescribed speed limits on the various roads. …
- Always put on helmets, seat belts and other safety equipments before driving a bicycle/ motor cycle/vehicle. …
- Do not drink and drive. …
- Never use mobile phones or ear phones while driving.
How can you prevent a car from crashing?
Preventing accidents is easy when you know what to do.
- Develop the right attitude about driving. …
- Get as much supervised practice driving as possible. …
- ALWAYS wear your safety belt. …
- Underage drinking and drug use is illegal. …
- Limit your passengers. …
- Limit your night driving. …
- Keep it slow and safe for starters.